Tuesday, April 03, 2007

M-E-T-S! Mets, Mets, Mets

Happy April, fellow Seinfeld enthusiasts. Spring has arrived and so has another season of baseball. Fantastic feeling, isn't it? Our nights have meaning again. No longer are we forced to fill our time with hockey and basketball. We are free to sit back and watch 9 guys hit a little white ball with a wooden stick. Sounds like awesome to me. Speaking of awesome, how about another look into my book? Seems appropriate, given that sneak peaks are the premise of my entire blog. So in the spirit of the new baseball season, I thought I would sample a little from Jerry's favorite team, those amazin' Mets.

The New York Mets Local baseball team that is often discussed; Jerry tapes a game and avoids human contact all night to watch it at 1 o’clock in the morning; Kramer then ruins Jerry’s night by saying, “Boy, the Mets really blew it tonight!” He also tells Jerry that he almost wound up going to that game, but Jerry reminds him that he hasn’t been out of the building in ten years (1)

  • Jerry falls asleep on the subway and wakes up to find the fat man sitting across from him is now naked; the two start talking and eventually the conversation turns to the Mets; the man tells Jerry, “They still have no pitching. Gooden’s a question mark. You don’t recover from those rotator cuffs so fast.” Jerry tells him, “I’m not worried about the Mets’ pitching. They got pitching. They got no hitting.” The man replies, “No hitting? They got hitting. Bonilla, Murray. They got no defense.” Jerry responds, “Defense, please. They need speed.” The man says, “Speed? They’ve got Coleman. They need a bullpen.” Jerry replies, “Franco’s no good? They got no team leaders.” The man tells him, “They got Franco. What they need is a front office.” Jerry then says, “But you gotta like their chances,” and the man responds, “I love their chances.” Jerry says, “I tell ya what, if they win the pennant this year, I’ll sit naked with you at the World Series.” The man responds, “It’s a deal.” (30)
  • Before helping Jerry sneak into Kramer’s apartment, George quickly asks, “How’d the Mets do?” and Jerry tells him, “They lost.” (39)
Now I know a lot of you might be questioning why I didn't choose to highlight the Yankees, seeing as how George worked for them for three seasons. Well, be patient, the time will come. I mean, you should be used to waiting by now, right? 6 years without a World Series championship. This should be a cakewalk. And with that, I take my leave and get ready for the onslaught of angry emails I will surely get from Bronx fans. Spellcheck is really gonna be put to the test. (Okay, yeah that one was uncalled for.) See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home